By making a booking with Devon Sea Safari (DSS) you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions during your time with us. Where the booking is made as a group then the person making the booking must ensure that all passengers have read and agree with these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
The Teignmouth Fishing Quay is leased and maintained by Teignbridge Council. DSS shall not be liable to any passenger whilst on the quay, its landings, and surrounding areas.
DSS is owned and operated by Robert Hughes. Teignbridge council shall not be liable to any passenger, for any loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with or as a consequence of the operation of DSS including, but not being limited to, loss of profit, damage to or loss of property or items belonging to the passenger and any personal injury to the passenger.
Tickets may be purchased either individually or a vessel may be hired exclusively (referred to as a ‘Private Charter’). The maximum number of persons allowed per boat is twelve or 12 (children and third-party tour guides do count towards this final and maximum passenger number).
All persons cruising on the vessel must pay for admission prior to boarding the vessel. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee or agent of DSS. Any person attempting to gain admission to the vessel without a valid ticket may be ejected from the vessel and its vicinity.
- Passengers with any doubts about the risks of contracting Covid 19 should not book.
All other terms still apply and proceeding with a booking is agreeing to all the terms of booking.
- Payment is due at the time of booking. Due to the nature of the business when bookings are confirmed DSS immediately incur expenses and costs directly relating to your booking whilst we prepare for your arrival.
- Child fares are aged 4-16 years old. Under 4s are not permitted to sail unless they are over 14kg and 100cm tall due to our life jacket sizes.
- All bookings are non transferable, only in extenuating circumstances will bookings be considered for transfer and where at least a minimum of 24 hours notice of request is given via email, please note an administrative fee may apply of up to 50%.
- A Maximum of twelve passengers and a minimum of four passengers is permitted for each sailing, except at the absolute discretion of DSS. Sailings that are not filled by the minimum number will be rescheduled. Passengers will be contacted to arrange an alternate date and/or time to travel.
- DSS reserve the right to move your booking time or day due to operational needs or due to other company commitments. Sometimes governing boards involvement may result in changes becoming necessary.
- We will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure that DSS operates. However, we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to cancel any tour. In the event of such cancellation, DSS will fully refund or reshedual any visitor whose ride is cancelled, the cost of his or her prepaid ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including liability for travel expenses, accommodation or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of the cancellation.
- In the unlikely event that the vessel has to make an emergency return to Teignmouth Quay (or any other landing point along the route) DSS will not be liable for replacement tickets and/or refunds.
- All prices are in pounds sterling, no VAT is added to any booking.
- DSS reserve the right, where necessary to deviate from a vessel’s planned route. Please be aware, the weather and tides will on occasion dictate delays or alterations to the publicised route, where possible customers will be advised of any changes prior to sailing.
- Due to the nature of the business sailing times cannot be guaranteed, however, every effort will be made to keep on schedule.
- Speed restrictions apply at certain points along the tour, DSS work closely with Teignmouth Harbour Master and the Maritime Coastal Agency ‘MCA’ to ensure we maintain high levels of customer comfort and safety.
- All passengers should arrive at our ticket kiosk on Teignmouth Fishing Quay no less than 15 minutes prior to the cruise time to check in.
- Please be aware if you miss your scheduled departure you will not be eligible for a later booking or refund. If you are not present upon check-in for your pre-booked departure time our boarding team will endeavour to contact you, please ensure you provide us with a mobile telephone number that your lead passenger will have with them on the booking day.
- DSS will prioritise all customers against their booking times and never allow late running customers to have an impact on later departure times. DSS are not responsible for factors out of our control, for example; late running commuter services, traffic or parking difficulties (this is not an exhaustive list).
- From time to time DSS reserve the right to change the vessel your party are booked on, this will not affect passenger numbers or experience/transfer times.
- On occasion DSS may act as a managing agent for larger group bookings where boats maybe supplied by alternate companies. In this instance you will be covered by their insurance, duty of care and terms and conditions. DSS will not be liable for third party bookings.